Monday, July 18, 2011

New territory

Wow I learned some really interesting things about how my body works this past week!  Read a book at my friend's house called Eat Right 4 Your Type, and learned that we each have a diet specific to our blood type that can help us be healthier and more fit.  I am type A, and we are supposed to be semi-vegetarian.  Red meats, dairy, and wheat products can act as poisons in our bodies, whereas soy proteins and the right vegetables and fruits can act as medicines.  My middle son, Austin, is also type A.  My husband, my oldest son, and my youngest are all type O.  They need red meat but are also supposed to stay away from dairy and wheat.  This will be a major adjustment for our family as I strive to cook for both types while maintaining my sanity!  I love steaks and hamburgers so staying away from the red meat will be a challenge for me, as will eliminating wheat and dairy.  However, I believe YHWH led me to this diet, so I will do my best for HIM.  So far I am on day 2 and am doing fairly well.  I actually found out I like tofu!  Prayers are appreciated as Donald and Dakota return from their road time this weekend and discover all the changes.  I printed off our "good" and "bad" food lists for both types, and will be showing them to the guys.  I will post updates from time to time on our progress.  Meanwhile, we continue to pray for the guidance of YHWH and will remember to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Shalom!

Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment